Friday, August 10, 2012

Evolving Recipeace

8.10.12

Happpppy Friday!!!!! Today was the best!  I had a blast in the sun, making chocolate and smoothies, hanging out in Encinitas, teaching a candlelit class back down here in Chula and then ended with some Vegan Nachos.....So yesterday I wrote out a recipe for what I like to call emergency cacaodom.  When I really need chocolate and Sprouts is the closest place to get ingredients.  And I shared with you how to start making your own and play with the flavors.  Today I want to talk about what else I do after I make the chocolate.  It's really rad making chocolate for others because then I can use the leftovers of what's in the blender pitcher to make a superfood smoothie that is full of chocolate as well.  I didn't have everything I needed to make the smoothie so I went to Sprouts and Trader Joes.  I ended up getting to see one of my friends there and coming up with ideas for more recipes.  I had already made the chocolate and put it into two glass containers for other people.  Then in the blender with about a half cup of the cacao coco cashew butter left I added strawberries, Blueberries, raspberries, bananas, coco water and a jalepeno oh yes and Chia seeds that were a total impulse buy at the register at Trader Joes:)  they were good in the smoothie but I think I dig hemp hearts more...we'll discuss it though:)  As I was making the smoothie I started soaking some pecan pieces I had picked up at trader joes.  So then in Vinny the Vitamix went soaked pecans, water, 5 dates, spoonful of coco oil, a dollup of honey and a bit of sea salt.  I had wanted to make a raw pie bottom but instead it was more like a delicious mushy cookie ha so I decided to put half of this new pecan concoction with the other half of the cacaococo cashew butter and then put in the fridge...oh wow it was lovely:)

Baby Bro and me with our smoothies....it felt like a whole days worth of food!  Talk about superecharging superfood smoothie!


the ingredients we talked about that I added after making the chocolate.

this is what I did with the chocolate made today....

it then turned into not only food but an art project for yinyang expression:) 

I am secretly in love with Snoop Dogg.

my midafternoon facelift thanks Slinkers

you know me super G at the perfect time

stars stars everywhere....drive up north

best sandals in the whole worlddddd.  Thankyou Jaso for having feet that are too big and Kisheye for sending these from the other side of the world, I now understand why these are the only shoes you were committed to for a long period of time....they make everything better and are the only pair around,

gotta get my MSM on so I ordered an orange juice at the java hut in enci and poured half in the glass container so I could mix in and drink my not so nice tasting drink part first then enjoy the rest of the oj plain as a treat after finishing the MSM:) its the little niceness that sometimes only we know about that makes things special

like this for example....while I was walking up to yoga tropics on the 101 I passed by this lil sunflower patch my favorite.

On the ride home from ENCI most epic vibe and beach views...most gorgeous drive...."still paddling"

we imagined the best vegan nachos and then we made them! homemade chips with veggie cheese, potatoes, bellpepp, garlic, sea salt, corn/bean sauce, avocado, cabbage, salsaaaaa

the mijo and his girl Marlene....late night Friday dinner, making the taco shop at home with the healthy stuff!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! Love4all.  See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment